1st Trip to Six Flags Great Adventure Next Weekend
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

10/18/2018 at 5:47:59 PM GMT
1st Trip to Six Flags Great Adventure Next Weekend

My son and I are flying to NY next weekend to visit Six Flags Great Adventure for the 1st time.  Looking for some tips and insight from ACE members who have visited the Park recently.  We have season passes to Six Flags so we know about the member entrance line. We plan on riding Kingda Ka first, debating on buying the Flash pass since it might rain that day. Looking for anything that you learned the hard way.

Thanks 

Frank M Ventrella

ACE - Central Region

10/18/2018 at 6:24:20 PM GMT
Hi Frank,

I've sent your question to a few locals who probably can help better than I can. Given that Fright Fest will be going on, I would expect that park to be rather busy. Maybe it will be less busy during the day, but certainly at night it likely will be. Given crowds, a Flash Pass may be a wise investment if you want to be sure to do everything you want.

It's a large park, so be ready for a lot of walking. El Toro and Kingda Ka are on one end, and Nitro almost all the way at the other. I have always enjoyed my visits though.

Hope the weather and the crowds cooperate for you.

Last edited Thursday, October 18, 2018
10/18/2018 at 6:30:00 PM GMT
Hi Frank

Frightfest is the most crowded part of the year and if you are talking the weekend Oct 27th, it's peak! Kinda Ka is indeed the hardest coaster to catch a ride on. Everyone heads there first. They try and open it with the park sometimes things happen. Do not get out of line if it breaks down. Nitro is normally a sure bet at opening. However, it's not hard to catch rides later in the day as well. Nitro is also a great night ride as well as El Toro. The park gets busier later in the day when the haunts start to open. I would make a judgment on Flash Pass when you see what the crowds are like and if you feel you are missing rides. I also suggest packing warm clothes and lighter clothes. The weather is cold and warm, off and on. Enjoy!

Bret Ulozas
ACE NJ regional Rep