|ACE Secretary Position Description|
The Secretary shall produce and maintain minutes of the annual business meeting and all Executive Committee meetings and distribute said minutes to the members of the Executive Committee within a reasonable time as directed by the President, and shall perform such other duties as may be assigned by the President.
Responsibilities and duties include:
1) Record the minutes of Executive Committee meetings and the minutes of motions done via email.
2) Make a draft of the minutes available for initial review by the President and Publications Director within 60 days after the meeting. Provide draft to the remaining executive committee members at least three weeks in advance of the meeting.
3) Distribute handouts from meetings to all absent committee members.
4) Provide copies of approved minutes from meetings to members upon request.
5) Provide copies of approved minutes for ACE records (archives and the association manager).
6) Manage updates to the Officers and Directors Manual, coordinating sections with officer or director responsible for document update.
7) For Executive Committee meetings:
a) In advance of each Executive Committee meeting, except the one associated with the annual Convention, request reports in electronic format from all officers and director, providing a reasonable amount of time for the reports to be submitted.
b) At least one week prior to the start of each Executive Committee meeting, post officers and directors reports, as well as draft minutes from the previous meeting, on an Internet site with restricted access. Provide access information to all Executive Committee members.
8) For the Annual Business meeting:
a) In advance of the Annual Business Meeting, request reports in electronic format from all officers and directors, providing a reasonable amount of time for the reports to be submitted. Those preparing reports should be provided with guidelines regarding font type, font size, heading format, margins, and page numbering.
b) Compile all of the reports for the Annual Business Meeting into a booklet and have the booklet posted online by June 1. The booklet shall have numbered pages and include a table of contents; front cover with ACE logo, meeting name, location and date; and reports organized so they appear in the order officers and directors are listed in ACE’s Constitution and Bylaws.
9) When an Executive Committee member makes a motion, facilitate the process by announcing and recording the motion, announcing and recording a second on the motion, documenting relevant discussion, tallying the votes, reporting the outcome, and finally, providing minutes to document the motion. This process should occur whether the motion is made in a meeting or via email.