The President shall be responsible for the overall direction of the affairs of ACE, shall appoint all directors with approval by majority vote of the officers, and shall supervise the performance of the other officers, directors, committee members and other appointees. The President shall preside at the annual convention, shall chair the business and Executive Committee meetings, shall authorize all disbursements of funds and shall ensure that the intent and purpose of this Constitution and its Bylaws are met.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Select director candidates for approval by the officers. Approve directors’ appointments of managers, coordinators, representatives and subcommittee members.
Executive Committee Meetings
- Plan the spring, summer and fall meetings and assist Vice President with meeting arrangements, including making room reservations, planning meals, meeting rooms and transportation.
- Develop agenda from prior EC meetings, along with input from officers and directors.
- Preside over the meeting. The president does not vote.
IAAPA Expo Trade Show
- Select delegates for IAAPA Expo with approval of selections by the Executive Committee.
- Make hotel or housing arrangements for delegates.
- Complete booth details for the trade show (exhibition services, convention center services, delegate entrance passes, schedules).
- Contact industry representatives to visit booth and discuss upcoming events.
- Work with the Events Director to plan dinners with park and industry personnel.
- Identify and contact local members to receive any shipments for the convention and store booth supplies (publications, chairs, tables, TV, photos, exhibit board, etc.) both before and after the trade show.
- Represent ACE at IAAPA functions.
- Update the IAAPA planning guide/checklist.
Approval of Expenses
- Vendor Invoices
- Association manager invoices are reviewed and approved by the President. The President or Treasurer shall provide correct coding of the invoice to the association manager.
- Publications invoices are reviewed and approved by the Publications Director. The President or Treasurer must approve correct coding before sending the invoices to the association manager.
- Merchandise invoices are reviewed and approved by Merchandise Manager. The President or Treasurer must approve correct coding before sending the invoices to the association manager.
- Volunteer Expenses
- Regional expenses are approved by Region Director and then sent to President for coding.
- Other volunteer expense reports, including those from officers and directors, are sent to President for approval.
- President’s Expenses
- Any expenses for the President are sent to Treasurer for approval.
- Expense Report Process
- All expenses are reviewed for accuracy and legitimacy and must have a receipt.
- Email approved expenses to the association manager with payee, account codes and total amounts with a copy of the communication to the Treasurer. Attach invoice/expense forms and additional documentation as needed.
- The association manager will issue checks. Check amounts of $2,000 or more require the Treasurer’s signature.
- Update Dunn & Bradstreet information as needed.
- Complete Delaware annual report and franchise tax report, which is due April 1.
- Renew annual membership with IAAPA.
- Maintain updated information on all documents in Officers and Directors Manual.
- Assist Events Director with planning of events. The President, Treasurer and Events Director approve pricing.
- Send thank you letters to all parks and organizers of events.
- Review contracts for the association manager, printing, merchandise, IAAPA, and outside legal advice and accounting services.
- Review contracts for national events (parks, facilities, banquet and hotels).
- Review insurance pricing, description, and limits for directors and officers, bonding, general liability and archive space.
- Attend media days and coaster celebrations when requested and available (not-reimbursable).
- Be available for media interviews.
- Work with Merchandise Manager and Members Services Director to review inventory and operations.
- Answer all letters, phone calls and emails.
- Select three ACE members to serve on the nominating and election committee.
- Receive nomination report.