Summer Conference travel tips
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

5/23/2013 at 5:19:59 AM GMT
Summer Conference travel tips

Our events folks recently posted an important announcement on our site regarding the need for a passport to travel to and from Canada.  The announcement had a link to the U.S. State Department's site for more information.  I have received a couple of emails from members with some more good suggestions for travelling to Canada.  I thought I would share them here. Feel free to share your suggestions as well!

Here is a summary of the tips that I received by email:

• Make sure you read the entire page on U.S. State Department's site, not just the passport requirements.
  • Contact your health insurance provider before departure to see if you will be covered in Canada.
  • Also, if you plan to drive in Canada, contact your auto insurance agent to see if you will be covered in Canada and whether you will need a special insurance card for Canada.
  • If one parent is travelling with children, have a notarized letter from the other parent giving you permission for the trip.

Brian Peters
ACE Information Services Director

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are used for visitor analysis, others are essential to making our site function properly and improve the user experience. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Click Accept to consent and dismiss this message or Deny to leave this website. Read our Privacy Statement for more.