Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio, will change the Lake Erie skyline once again with over 3,400 feet of thrill ride innovation when it introduces Valravn, the world's tallest, fastest and longest dive coaster in 2016. Valravn will become the 18th coaster at Cedar Point and will claim its rightful place among other record-breaking roller coasters there.
Valravn and Cedar Point will shatter an astonishing 10 world records when the coaster debuts next summer:
1. Tallest dive coaster (223 feet)
2. Fastest dive coaster (75 mph)
3. Longest dive coaster (3,415 feet)
4. Most inversions on a dive coaster (three)
5. Longest drop on a dive coaster (214 feet)
6. Highest inversion on a dive coaster (165 feet)
7. Most roller coasters taller than 200 feet at one amusement park (5)
8. Most rides at one amusement park (72)
9. Most steel roller coaster track at one amusement park (52,125 feet/9.9 miles)
10. Most roller coaster track at one amusement park (60,110 feet/11.4 miles)
Full details on Valravn can be found online, including real-time updates and live video feeds of the construction, by visiting cedarpoint.com/Valravn.